HP Installer Setup has stopped working

Anonymous
2010-03-24T21:00:22+00:00

I am trying to install HP printer software on a Windows 7 Professional 64 bit computer.  When I run the file it completes extraction and then I get ar error message "HP Installer Setup has stopped working".  I have two options - 1, Close the Program, or 2. Windows check for a solution to the proglem and close the program.  Both of these close the program. 

Does a solution exists for this problem?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-03-27T12:20:00+00:00

It does show that  HP Photosmart C6180 is compatible with Windows 7 for both 64-bit and 32-bit computers.

The drivers come from HP to make their computer compatible with Windows 7. I would check the HP website to see if you have the latest driver set for your verison of the Photosmart printer.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=1153494&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

If that doesn't help, you can post your question on the HP community website. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-and/bd-p/Install

Thanks,

Marilyn

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2011-03-25T17:45:53+00:00

    I reciently had the same issue and it was never resolved. The HP call center was totally lost and they couldn't provide any contact information at Microsoft so I returned the computer and will continue working with Xp. What can you dol? Microsoft  has their money and they have always been a piece of work when it comes to support isssues.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-01-08T00:32:11+00:00

    Did you find a solution to this problem? I am running into something very similar. I just installed Windows 7 on a brand new drive and everything went fine until I tried to install my HP All in One C7280 on the network, wired. I downloaded PS_AIO_02_Net_Full_Win_WW_130_140 from the HP site. When I run it, it quits with no message after asking for the license agreement.

    I checked the Event Viewer and saw the "Application Hang" entry that states "The program hpzsetup.exe version 13.0.445.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed...."

    Bypassing the HP software, I was able to set it up and print using the windows driver but I cannot see the scanner or fax. So, my "All in One" only provides printing this way. I need to find how to get the scanner available to the computer via the network, as the printer is. The fax is lower priority.

    Any suggestion on how to fix this problem? Either by solving the HP installation or finding another way to install the scanner feature, network wired even if it is without the HP driver.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2010-11-26T20:28:55+00:00

    I am still having this problem. Has anyone ever found a solution?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments