Not enough storage is available to process this command

Anonymous
2010-02-14T06:54:55+00:00

I am trying to install the Xinput driver for Microsoft Common Controller (64 bit) onto my New PC running windows 7 with 8 gigs of Ram, Intel Quad Core, and and about 920 gigs of available hard drive space.  I am running the file as the system andminstrator and that has helped me bypass the first error I was getting which would not let me run it before but then now I get an error saying NOT ENOUGH STORAGE IS AVAILABLE TO PROCESS THIS COMMAND?  Im lost and need some help!!!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-08-10T17:05:31+00:00

To do this follow the steps below:

  1. Click on Start > Run > regedit & press Enter
  2. Find this key name HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanServer\Parameters
  3. Locate IRPStackSize
  4. If this value does not exist Right Click on Parameters key and Click on New > Dword Value and type in IRPStackSize under the name.
  5. The name of the value must be exactly (combination of uppercase and lowercase letters) the same as what I have above.
  6. Right Click on the IRPStackSize and click on Modify
  7. Select Decimal enter a value higher than 15(Maximum Value is 50 decimal) and Click Ok
  8. You can close the registry editor and restart your computer.

Did it help?

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2010-08-17T05:55:57+00:00

    I'm using a USB wireless receiver for my controller.  I have a home built PC running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.  I have 6 GB DDR 3, 270 GB free hard drive space on my Windows 7 partition and I keep getting this error message.  I did a lot of searching on google and have yet to find a way to fix this.

    I have found this in the event viewer.  This is what it says.

    Log Name:      Application

    Source:        Xbox_360_CC_Driver

    Date:          8/17/2010 12:58:50 AM

    Event ID:      4373

    Task Category: None

    Level:         Error

    Keywords:      Classic

    User:          N/A

    Computer:      *********

    Description:

    The description for Event ID 4373 from source Xbox_360_CC_Driver cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

    If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

    The following information was included with the event:

    Windows

    Not enough storage is available to process this command.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-05-17T15:26:46+00:00

    CarpeMortis,

        The Xbox controller will not work on a PC with the Play & Charge kit.  That is only for charging the controller battery.  You would need to purchase the Xbox 360 controller for Windows.  Check out the Microsoft hardware site for more information on the controllers.


    Mike - Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

    Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

    Thats bollocks ,excuse the genitalia reference ,but i used my xbox 360 wireless pad with my pc before using a plug and play charger kit on windows xp pro ,with the xinput drivers and it worked fine.

    but you guys are saying it wont work on win 7 , strange to say the least.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-03-16T18:04:55+00:00

    CarpeMortis,

        The Xbox controller will not work on a PC with the Play & Charge kit.  That is only for charging the controller battery.  You would need to purchase the Xbox 360 controller for Windows.  Check out the Microsoft hardware site for more information on the controllers.


    Mike - Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

    Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-03-16T00:59:36+00:00

    I am using a wireless controller plugged in to the computer via the play and charge kit.  The controller shows up in the devices and printers control panel in the "Unspecified" as "XBox 360 Wireless controller Via Play & Charge Kit".  The Icon used is a generic computer box with a green light.  The properties for the device simply shows this information:

    Manufacturer: Unknown

    Model: XBox 360 Wireless controller Via Play & Charge Kit

    Model Number: Unavailable

    Categories: Unknown

    Description: Unavailable

    No other options or settings or information is provided in the general tab and the only other tab is the Hardware tab.  No errors are shown anywhere I know to look.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments