Not enough storage is available to process this command

Anonymous
2010-02-14T06:54:55+00:00

I am trying to install the Xinput driver for Microsoft Common Controller (64 bit) onto my New PC running windows 7 with 8 gigs of Ram, Intel Quad Core, and and about 920 gigs of available hard drive space.  I am running the file as the system andminstrator and that has helped me bypass the first error I was getting which would not let me run it before but then now I get an error saying NOT ENOUGH STORAGE IS AVAILABLE TO PROCESS THIS COMMAND?  Im lost and need some help!!!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-08-10T17:05:31+00:00

To do this follow the steps below:

  1. Click on Start > Run > regedit & press Enter
  2. Find this key name HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanServer\Parameters
  3. Locate IRPStackSize
  4. If this value does not exist Right Click on Parameters key and Click on New > Dword Value and type in IRPStackSize under the name.
  5. The name of the value must be exactly (combination of uppercase and lowercase letters) the same as what I have above.
  6. Right Click on the IRPStackSize and click on Modify
  7. Select Decimal enter a value higher than 15(Maximum Value is 50 decimal) and Click Ok
  8. You can close the registry editor and restart your computer.

Did it help?

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2010-03-15T18:47:59+00:00

    CarpeMortis,

         Before getting into any of those games, does Windows see the controller and are you able to go into Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printer and see the controller?  Which xBox controller are you using (wireless with receiver; wired)? 

    **moving thread to Hardware and Drivers as support in that forum will be more relevant for this thread**


    Mike - Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

    Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-03-13T04:01:10+00:00

    That was not made clear by any easily found resource.  I do have a driver show up under Device manager but it does not specifically indicate it is Xinput. Many of the programs I have tried to use it with do not recognize the controller at all.  These include PSX2, Team Fortress 2 (Steam), Mechwarrior 4 mercenaries, and Crimson Skies.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-03-07T04:11:37+00:00

    I am experiencing the same Problem.  Running Windows 7 professional 64 bit on a home built machine. I have 30 GB free on my system drive, and after following your steps all my temp folders are empty.  Re-downloaded from the link you provided, and ran as administrator, same error.  The Exe extracts, then immediately tosses the "not enough storage space to process this command".  I ran a disk check, and a defrag to be certain there was no problem with the HD.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more