Nope - this is wrong - it is only available as a non-installed component on Enterprise versions of Windows 7. As you can see from this screenshot is NOT available on Professional:
Please stop posting this incorrect information - Thank you.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have upgraded from XP to Windows 7 Professional. I used Windows Services for Unix in XP but have been informed this is not available for Windows 7. I do not see a NFS Client in the Windows 7 Professional version. What options are there?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Nope - this is wrong - it is only available as a non-installed component on Enterprise versions of Windows 7. As you can see from this screenshot is NOT available on Professional:
Please stop posting this incorrect information - Thank you.
Hello all,
Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Answers Forum.
Click here for the link to download installing Utilities and SDK for Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications<!----><!--Published via DxPublisher.-->
Applies To: Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2
This should be the link you were looking for.
Thanks,
Marilyn
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think
As has been stated before, because you don't have Ultimate or Enterprise?
I can't find this "Services for NFS" anywhere in the "Turn Windows features on or off" dialog. Can anybody explain why?
Wow, this is the typical nonsense often found from MS answers. To all the users who helped everyone else muddle through - including those of us who realized the NFS services are NOT on our version of Windows 7 - thanks. :-)
I'm assuming "Marilyn" is some sort of bot-with-a-photo.