Nope - this is wrong - it is only available as a non-installed component on Enterprise versions of Windows 7. As you can see from this screenshot is NOT available on Professional:
Please stop posting this incorrect information - Thank you.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have upgraded from XP to Windows 7 Professional. I used Windows Services for Unix in XP but have been informed this is not available for Windows 7. I do not see a NFS Client in the Windows 7 Professional version. What options are there?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Nope - this is wrong - it is only available as a non-installed component on Enterprise versions of Windows 7. As you can see from this screenshot is NOT available on Professional:
Please stop posting this incorrect information - Thank you.
Hello all,
Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Answers Forum.
Click here for the link to download installing Utilities and SDK for Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications<!----><!--Published via DxPublisher.-->
Applies To: Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2
This should be the link you were looking for.
Thanks,
Marilyn
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think
Client for NFS, it's an option on Windows 7 Entreprise or Ultimate not in Professional Edition
I do as you state but, Client for NFS is not an option I can turn on in Windows 7 X64 Professional... What can I do?
From what I could tell it's only available in Win 7 ultimate.
Checkout NekoDrive - it provides a working NFS client on Win 7 Professional.
same here i don't know if the moderator is skipping a step or what. is it only certain versions of windows? i did as instructed and services for nfs are not addable or listed. so something is awry.