The P55 chipset should not have any initial problems during a clean install of Windows. However I would still suggest beofre you start to run both Memtest86+ and the drive manufacture's diagnostic software (both Mentest snd most drive diag software provide the means to create a bootable CD which you can use to test your hardware before you even install Windowx is installed).
After you have installed Windows go to Gigabyte's support web site and download "ALL" the Windows 7 drivers. Install the chipset/motherboard driver first, the the remaining drivers.
Next Install the graphics card drivers and then run Prime95.
I will be building a P55A-UD3P with Corsair memory in a few weeks and the steps above are those I would use. It's abousolutely critical that you know the your menory is good and the drive has no bad sectors, which Windows 7 is incapable of detecting during the formatting of the hard drive and installation process.
JS
Never be afraid to ask. This forum has some of the best people in the world available to help.