downloading pictures from my cell phone to my computer__

Anonymous
2010-04-12T14:48:18+00:00

how do i download my pictures from my cell phone to my computer?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-04-13T14:33:04+00:00

Hi Sissy,

To download the pictures from your phone to your computer you need to connect your computer and the mobile device using USB or Bluetooth connection.

To transfer pictures from Mobile to your PC you may first install the software provided by your mobile phone manufacturer and try to download the pictures. For more information you may check the manual that came along with your Mobile phone.

1.     Determine whether the phone can network with your computer directly through a docking device or cable, or if you'll need to remove the phone's memory card to make the transfer. For phones that connect via cable, a sync cable usually comes with the phone when you purchase it. One end of the cable will connect to the computer's USB port while the other end connects to the phone using proprietary hardware.

2.     Connect your phone to your computer, or remove the phone's memory card and insert it into the corresponding port on the computer. Different cards use different kinds of ports, so connect your card to the port that it fits into.

3.     Look in your computer's file organizer to locate the phone or memory card. The memory card will show up as an external drive. Click on the device to open its contents.

4.     Locate the folder containing your photos, and then make a copy of it to your hard drive to save your photos onto your computer.

For more information about how to import pictures from your phone to computer access the link below and follow the steps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Import-photos-from-your-Windows-phone-to-your-PC

Note the above link is for Windows Vista and the same holds good for Windows 7.

Hope this helps. Let us know the results.

Thanks and Regards,


Srinivas R

Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

If you have a Windows Mobile phone, you may install and use Windows mobile device Center on your computer and try to import photos from your Windows phone to your PC.

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-10-20T17:11:18+00:00

    My samsung cell phone can not send pictures to my lap top

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-06-29T22:37:41+00:00

    I TOTALLY agree!!  Have never had such frustrating experiences as I have since I "upgraded" to Windows 8 8.1!!!!  EVERYTHING is COMPLICATED!!  I am just trying to download some photos off my I phone should be simple but NOOOOOOOOOO!!  Over an hour and I am still at it!!

    Please Windows uncomplicated this PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!  So I can get something done in a reasonable amount of time.  Remember we are not all computer geeks out here some of us are just normal people with average intelligence so please give us a program we can use!

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-01-30T10:47:38+00:00

    I don't have the software for my LG D370 and I want to download my photos from my mobile to my computer

    Do I need a driver ??

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more