Add me to the list of frustrated users... Explorer in W7 really, really, REALLY sucks.
I kinda liked the favorites-bar in Vista's explorer; it was situated in a separate 'box' above the folder-tree so when you started scrolling (in the folder-tree) the favorites stayed on screen. The only drawback in my opinion was that it came at the expense
of screen-space in the navigation-pane, giving the folder-tree a bit less space then it had in XP. And since Vista, in comparison with XP, uses just about twice as much space to show ANYTHING due to larger margins/paddings/font-sizes/etc (I didn't buy a large
monitor so I could fit larger icons on my desktop, but thanks anyway) it didn't leave that much space for the navigation-pane anyway.
So how do you **** up an almost perfectly working feature like the favorites-bar? Integrate it in the navigation-pane so that you have to scroll up for an eternity if you're working somewhere near the bottom in an expanded folder-tree! AARGH. What's the
use of quicklinks (which favorites are) if it takes more than a second to get there..?