INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR (a0)

Anonymous
2009-08-25T20:50:39+00:00

My computer is crashing with the following error: “INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR (a0) The power policy manager experienced a fatal error.” What can I do about this?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-08-25T20:55:56+00:00

This error is caused by the hibernation file size being is too small for the current memory requirements of the computer. To fix this problem, increase the size of the hibernation file by following these steps:

  1. Click the Start button.
  2. In the search box, type command prompt.
  3. In the list of results, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
  4. In the Command Prompt window type:

powercfg /hibernate /size <size%>

where <size%> equals the size of the hibernation file in percentage of total physical memory.

The default size is 75% and can be increased to 100% with:

powercfg /hibernate /size 100

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-07-31T15:12:55+00:00

    Hi,

    I'd appreciate for help.... I'd bought dell laptop Inspiron 7000 series with operating system windows8 recently a week before Windows 10 was released. I decided to upgrade to windows 10 and the OS start restarting abruptly within 2 minutes after turning on the computer. The message OS gives is internal power error. I'm not able to follow all directions was given from Microsoft tech support due to small time gap.

    thanks,

    Kebnyro84

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-07-31T03:47:33+00:00

    Does anyone know how to set the windows updates to manual?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-07-31T03:33:35+00:00

    Consumers shouldn't have to "fix" the problem. Sad and disappointing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-07-31T00:54:31+00:00

    It lasted about 30 minutes and Internal_power_error is back.

    Reboot and it's back again, I'm getting sick pf this.

    And a third time. ARRRRUUUUGGGHHHH!!!!!!

    Repeating safe mode process for a third time.

    It's put AMD Radeon R9 M200X back again. I selected the only other option in update & recovery than automatic.

    And again, remove it in save mode, update puts it back by itself.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments