How to a change my printer default setting from color to grayscale permanently.

Anonymous
2010-01-23T20:06:16+00:00

How do I  change my printer default setting from color to grayscale on a permanent basis.  Since I mostly print in greyscale, I want this as the default and then can change manually, as needed, when I want to print in color.  Thanks

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-01-23T20:43:30+00:00

Go to the Start Orb and select Devices and Printers. Right click on your printer and select Printing Preferences. Here you should be able to select gray scale under Color and save it..

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. LemP 74,985 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2018-01-24T14:34:28+00:00

    Rose,

    To stop getting notifications concerning this or any other thread in Microsoft Community, go to the beginning of the thread, click on the 3 dots at the end of the question, and then click "Unsubscribe"

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-01-24T02:36:37+00:00

    unsubscribe

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-23T19:48:27+00:00

    I'm using Windows 10 so maybe it doesn't allow it??

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments