cannot attach pictures to my hotmail

Anonymous
2009-06-02T00:50:19+00:00

I cant send compresse dpictures through Hotmail anymore: I just bought a brand new Dell with Windows Vista & IE 8. In Hotmail, when I click on "Attach" I no longer get a choice of "FILE or PHOTO", but it opens "My DOcuments" folder directly. When I checked  "Tools - Manage Add-Ons", I don't have the "Photo Upload " tool.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-06-02T07:49:23+00:00

Hello abkara,

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft Windows Vista Community site.

Try following the step in this article:

Attaching pictures to a Microsoft Hotmail e-mail

To attach pictures in Hotmail, follow the below steps.

  1. Open your Hotmail account.
  2. Click the New Message link.
  3. Click the Attach and then File link.
  4. Click the Browse button and browse to the image you wish to attach. Keep in mind that you cannot select multiple files at once. However, you can individually add each of the images or attachments you wish to add.
  5. Click Ok or OK and Attach Another if you wish to do more than one image.

If attached successfully, you should see a link with the attachment names in your e-mail. Once you're ready to send the message, click the Send button.

Viewing pictures in a Microsoft Hotmail e-mail

Keep in mind that not all e-mails will have attached pictures in them. You can determine if an e-mail has an attachment by looking for a paperclip icon in the listing of e-mails you have. However, some messages are also sent in HTML format, which means images can be included without being attachments.

To view the pictures in the e-mail, open the e-mail and click the view or download link to view the image. Also, for many commonly known images, it may already be shown in the e-mail without having to open it

This should resolve your problem.

Let us know if these steps resolve your problem.  I hope the information is useful.

Regards,


Anthony

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2011-03-14T10:23:26+00:00

    Hi lloyd, I had the same problem, did you find a solution or explanation as to the meaning of that last bit of the post.  I couldn't find any photo menu excent the one involving making photo albums

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-12-30T18:42:01+00:00

    Same here lloydlove---it's a real pain when you want to send 10 or more photos and have to upload each one at a time--takes too much time that I don;t have! While the option to make a photo album is all well and good, I have learned from those whom I sent an album to cannot right click and save any of the photos, like we could before when the photo attachment was present. As I deal with a lot of photos in my business, I am considering getting a yahoo email account just to send photos...but seems stupid to pay Microsoft for something that is not user friendly. I hope this thread continues until someone--Microsoft???---come up with an answer.

    Another issue that i have not explored on here is why can't I upload photos from Windows Live Photo Gallery to hotmail emails? Seems contradictory to have two MS phoot programs and can only use Windows Photo Gallery to upload. Anyone have a suggestion for this? Thanks!

    Using Vista Home Premium and Vista Ultimate, IE8, 32.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-11-08T02:53:28+00:00

    dudes i finally thought i'd tracked down an answer to my problem but i'm still pulling my hair out. my attachments still doesnt drop down to say photos. but i dont understand the last bit of  scotties post - what does when consent on the page and pulsemos on the photo menu mean

    please help

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-10-13T03:59:37+00:00

    All is well , you can now attach a picture via hotmail

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments