cannot attach pictures to my hotmail

Anonymous
2009-06-02T00:50:19+00:00

I cant send compresse dpictures through Hotmail anymore: I just bought a brand new Dell with Windows Vista & IE 8. In Hotmail, when I click on "Attach" I no longer get a choice of "FILE or PHOTO", but it opens "My DOcuments" folder directly. When I checked  "Tools - Manage Add-Ons", I don't have the "Photo Upload " tool.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-06-02T07:49:23+00:00

Hello abkara,

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft Windows Vista Community site.

Try following the step in this article:

Attaching pictures to a Microsoft Hotmail e-mail

To attach pictures in Hotmail, follow the below steps.

  1. Open your Hotmail account.
  2. Click the New Message link.
  3. Click the Attach and then File link.
  4. Click the Browse button and browse to the image you wish to attach. Keep in mind that you cannot select multiple files at once. However, you can individually add each of the images or attachments you wish to add.
  5. Click Ok or OK and Attach Another if you wish to do more than one image.

If attached successfully, you should see a link with the attachment names in your e-mail. Once you're ready to send the message, click the Send button.

Viewing pictures in a Microsoft Hotmail e-mail

Keep in mind that not all e-mails will have attached pictures in them. You can determine if an e-mail has an attachment by looking for a paperclip icon in the listing of e-mails you have. However, some messages are also sent in HTML format, which means images can be included without being attachments.

To view the pictures in the e-mail, open the e-mail and click the view or download link to view the image. Also, for many commonly known images, it may already be shown in the e-mail without having to open it

This should resolve your problem.

Let us know if these steps resolve your problem.  I hope the information is useful.

Regards,


Anthony

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2011-12-28T17:21:47+00:00

    Every time I update anything Microsoft things that used to work stop working. I had no problem uploading photos until I did a recent update and now I try to attach photos and it gets 75% to upload and goes no further.

    It is typical of American SHITE. You **** think you are so good but are incompetent wankers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-10-27T03:24:41+00:00

    This doesn't work anymore. Now the photos are loaded to an album that I can't open.

    I just want to add a photo to my message. Why can't I do like I have always done before?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-10-25T06:05:46+00:00

    Anthony

    Am using ie8 vista on a hplaptop. Can not upload multiple photos. solution? other forums suggest there is/was a problem with vista nad ie8 about this. the photot link in hotmail only lets sme upload 1 photo at time. I do not like album idea. receipients can not open. Help please

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-10-25T05:58:39+00:00

    There is no "file" link now using ie8 and vista. What to do?

    But to point what if I want to attach multiple photos at once? Otherwise this is a very tedious and time consuming  process to attach multiple photos one at a time?

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments