Windows 7 won't print through Photo Viewer and Picture Manager.

Anonymous
2009-10-05T00:22:03+00:00

Every time I open a picture file with Windows Photo Viewer or Office Picture Manager and attempt to print, I get 4 message boxes that read, "Your pictures can't be printed because this error occurred".

There is nothing else but an OK button - not even an error ID.

The strangest thing is I can print anything with any other program just fine. Firefox, Photoshop, all of those print without a problem. It's only Photo Viewer and Picture Manager that do this.

Printer is an Epson RX595 with 64 bit drivers.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-10-09T09:45:34+00:00

My Office Picture Manager calls a dialog that has a dropbox to set the printer. If you can create a document image (*.mdi) you will know it's the printer driver that has a problem. 


Rating posts helps other usersMark L. Ferguson MS-MVP

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-03-16T17:36:14+00:00

    This has to be a real solution, it actually works, well it worked for me. I am also able to go back later and re-enable a correct profile and it continues to work.

    Good effective solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-09-26T17:02:12+00:00

    Thanks for your interest.

    I have resolved this problem with Photo Gallery not printing photoswith the help of Microsoft Answers.

    I have Windows 7 on my computer and I had to create a new User Account, as it seems that my original one had become corrupted.

    Photo Gallery printing works as it should now and I find it very quick and useful.  However, it was a hassle transferring everything to the new User Account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-09-26T06:21:46+00:00

    I just wanted to give you an Update to this. There is a Hotfix for this issue, which is working fine on Vista and Windows Server 2008.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/974260/en-us

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-07-25T10:51:57+00:00

    Hi frodoboy,

    I have the same problem with Photoviewer, etc, as blekman, and have partly implemented your solution.

    I have downloaded the older version (5.1.xxxx.xxxx) of "photowiz.dll".

    Now, I am not sure whether you mean that the old or the new version needs to be renamed with the "dlx" extension.

    Also, don't understand what the extension change does.

    This is an interesting learning curve for me and I should appreciate more information and/or instructions.

    Looking forward to solving this problem with your help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments