can I get my Microsoft Photo Editor to transfer over to Windows 7

Anonymous
2009-12-13T17:08:20+00:00

I use Micro Photo Editor to create my art and need to know if I can get it to work with Window's 7 , I have Windows XP and I know it didn't transfer to Vista which I didn't like Vista anyway

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-12-14T15:26:15+00:00

Hi Anishtiway,

Welcome to Microsoft Answers.

Unfortunately, Microsoft Photo editor cannot be transfered to windows 7. Paint is a feature in Windows 7 with which you can edit pictures. You can use Paint like a digital sketchpad to make simple pictures, creative projects, or to add text and designs to other pictures, such as those taken with your digital camera.

 Check the link "Getting started with Paint" http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Getting-started-with-Paint

 "REsize a picture using paint" http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Resize-a-picture-using-Paint

Diana

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-09-28T06:09:00+00:00

    Ditto on Photoed, it is far superior to Paint, and an exceptionally useful tool.  I do not understand why Microsoft will not provide the simple fix for Photoed to run on Windows 7 and 8.    I mean how difficult could this fix be?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-05-22T02:51:48+00:00

    Has anyone come across a fix for the file size limitation?  I've noticed that if you do any editing of a large photo, such as rotating it, then MS Photo Editor will open it, even of it is a large file that it would not open previously.  Seems like there must be a fix if that simply eliminates the issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-01-19T08:20:41+00:00

    I've been running Photo Ed since I had Windows 95 and Office 97 and simply copied the folder into Windows 2000 and then Windows 7 and have had no problems, until I had to update Adobe last night and then all of a sudden my Photo Ed doesn't work today. I could go back to yesterday's register, but then I'd have to download Adobe all over again, which is need to get banking statements. I've always gotten a "Registration/Unregistration Failed" message, but it always worked just clicking on OK. Now it looks like it works, but I can't actually bring up the window. Why did it stop working all of a sudden. I use it all the time for copying photos and scanning stuff into the computer and use the image cutting feature and rotating feature all the time. None of the other programs mentioned can do all these features. I'm so frustrated.

    dlbender

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-11-14T21:38:57+00:00

    Thank You!!! I tried it, but it didn't work. I did however have it on Microsoft office 2000. So I just re-loaded it. But again, Thank You so much for your help!!

    =====================================

    You're welcome and thanks for the feedback.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments