can I get my Microsoft Photo Editor to transfer over to Windows 7

Anonymous
2009-12-13T17:08:20+00:00

I use Micro Photo Editor to create my art and need to know if I can get it to work with Window's 7 , I have Windows XP and I know it didn't transfer to Vista which I didn't like Vista anyway

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-12-14T15:26:15+00:00

Hi Anishtiway,

Welcome to Microsoft Answers.

Unfortunately, Microsoft Photo editor cannot be transfered to windows 7. Paint is a feature in Windows 7 with which you can edit pictures. You can use Paint like a digital sketchpad to make simple pictures, creative projects, or to add text and designs to other pictures, such as those taken with your digital camera.

 Check the link "Getting started with Paint" http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Getting-started-with-Paint

 "REsize a picture using paint" http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Resize-a-picture-using-Paint

Diana

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2011-10-23T16:53:04+00:00

    Do you use 32 or 64 bit version? I have 64bit and no luck getting Ed to work.

    Thanks for posting link with files!    http://www.gsdpedigree.com/mpe/photoed.zip

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-09-09T17:31:52+00:00

    Yes, Microsoft Photo Editor works fine in Windows 7, at least in the 32 bit version (I don't have the 64 bit version so don't know about that).  All you have to do is copy the PhotoEd folder with the files it contains from the existing location to a location you can access from Windows 7 (or use the link from the above post to download it).  The location of the files are here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\PhotoEd. I placed mine in the Program Files folder on my Windows 7 machine.  It does not need to be "installed."  Photoed.exe is the executable file in the folder.  Right click on that file and then you can use "Send To" to send a shortcut to the desk top or you can pin it to the task bar or Start Menu.  I tried it in XP compatibility mode and without the compatibility mode and it worked fine in both cases.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-07-29T00:05:00+00:00

    You can download the stand alone Microsoft Photo Editor from here... http://www.brothersoft.com/microsoft-photo-editor-128651.html

    I already had this installed on my Vista and after upgrading to Windows 7, it still worked fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-06-17T20:05:06+00:00

    Paint is a good alternative if you don't need anything except basic editing. The problem with Paint is if you resize a picture, the uploaded photo (e.g., to Facebook) is sized within a frame. For example, if you reduce a pic size by 50%, you end up uploading a frame that contains 50% white space, 50% photo.

    I miss Photo Editor, Microsoft. BOO for eliminating it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments