can I get my Microsoft Photo Editor to transfer over to Windows 7

Anonymous
2009-12-13T17:08:20+00:00

I use Micro Photo Editor to create my art and need to know if I can get it to work with Window's 7 , I have Windows XP and I know it didn't transfer to Vista which I didn't like Vista anyway

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-12-14T15:26:15+00:00

Hi Anishtiway,

Welcome to Microsoft Answers.

Unfortunately, Microsoft Photo editor cannot be transfered to windows 7. Paint is a feature in Windows 7 with which you can edit pictures. You can use Paint like a digital sketchpad to make simple pictures, creative projects, or to add text and designs to other pictures, such as those taken with your digital camera.

 Check the link "Getting started with Paint" http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Getting-started-with-Paint

 "REsize a picture using paint" http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Resize-a-picture-using-Paint

Diana

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2010-08-15T19:14:35+00:00

    i found that on the win 7 laptop photoeditor will open images - just not jpegs bigger than about 3 meg.

    bmps are no problem.

    suggestions to get over this little hump would be welcome

    no i don't want to sort pics etc  so windows lve gallery is not needed.

    photoeditor - always worked and fast.

    i will miss it.

    Fastone is another editor but they don't answer email so maybe they have closed.

    thanks all

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-08-09T15:20:44+00:00

    yeah they keep telling me that the 2 operating systems won't talk to each other so, now my poor old beast has kicked the bucket, can tranfer the pictures but now it is putting a program that will work as well as the photo editor would, get replies back from their techies that "oh photo shop", used it didn't do the same thing and I used my photo editor to make my art work not do e-scrapbooking.

    yeah it could be just the 2 systems won't talk to each other

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-08-09T01:40:12+00:00

    I have Microsoft Photo Editor Starter Edition 2006   on my old PC with XP.  I believe it was in the tools part of my Microsoft Office that came with the laptop.  

    I do not have CDs - how do I switch my Microsoft Photo Editor from my old PC to my new one?

    I hate the other horrible editor programs.  I keep having to fire up my old PC,  download my photos - do any editing -

    and then I have to transfer the edited photos to my new PC.

    i have tried copying the entire photo editor starter edition 2006 folder over but that did not work.

    HELP  Please.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-07-23T17:42:09+00:00

    Thank you very much, Andy. 

    I installed and it works great, as before on previous operating systems.  My HP C8180 prints OK also without the PDF Factory program.

    Thanks again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments