Unable to boot - TFGHT is compressed

Anonymous
2010-09-25T18:43:35+00:00

original title: boot up

Every time I boot up my cpu it says TFGHT is compressed press Ctrl+Alt+Del. It started after I compressed my C: drive, now I am unable to boot up any cd/dvd or enter safe mode only BIOS. Please help solve.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-09-25T19:02:41+00:00

Here is a method I picked up from some other thread:

  1. Start your computer from the Windows 7 installation DVD or Repair CD.
  2. Select Repair your computer.
  3. Load driver.
  4. Go to Computer and right click drive where Windows 7 is installed.
  5. Select Properties and uncheck "Compress drive to save disk space".
  6. Close and restart the computer normally.

Was this answer helpful?

500+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-05-06T04:18:10+00:00

    This worked perfect.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-03-29T18:19:17+00:00

    it is not booting cd or dvd 

    i dont know what to do?

    how can i solve this problem when i cant see that screen press any key to boot cd 

    iit just says cd rom periority n there is count down beside that 

    n when count down is finished it says the same thing tfght compressed and press key i mentioned above to restart

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-10-16T13:03:49+00:00

    no 3 and 4, I don't get it, where to find it ? How do I know it is the correct file ? Please show example ? Thank You.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-12-02T15:59:46+00:00

    thanks..it worked for me.-_-

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments