Unable to boot - TFGHT is compressed

Anonymous
2010-09-25T18:43:35+00:00

original title: boot up

Every time I boot up my cpu it says TFGHT is compressed press Ctrl+Alt+Del. It started after I compressed my C: drive, now I am unable to boot up any cd/dvd or enter safe mode only BIOS. Please help solve.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-09-25T19:02:41+00:00

Here is a method I picked up from some other thread:

  1. Start your computer from the Windows 7 installation DVD or Repair CD.
  2. Select Repair your computer.
  3. Load driver.
  4. Go to Computer and right click drive where Windows 7 is installed.
  5. Select Properties and uncheck "Compress drive to save disk space".
  6. Close and restart the computer normally.

Was this answer helpful?

500+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-06-10T17:02:34+00:00

    Unable to boot - TFGHT is compressed

    original title: boot up

    Every time I boot up my cpu it says TFGHT is compressed press Ctrl+Alt+Del. It started after I compressed my C: drive, now I am unable to boot up any cd/dvd or enter safe mode only BIOS. Please help solve.

    pliss your computer(C:/ format) a gein

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-11-22T11:36:45+00:00

    I was facing same problem

    Problem:

    I right clicked on my c:drive (on which i had my windows7 installed) and checked option compress this drive to save disk space

    Rightaway didn't happen anything till the moment i restart my computer

    Now I was completely stuck as u r.


    I didn't want to format my c drive n reinstall windows7 cause i was having some useful data on my c drive.

    Solution:

    I went to my friend who is quite geeky , but he also gave up.

    Finally , I went to hardware store.

    1.He pullout my harddisc .

    2.Plug it to diff. PC as a external Hard Disk.

    3.Now he right clicked on the c:drive(drive in external hard disk which was c:drive on my laptop ,on his PC it was drive after his last drive ).

    4.Went to properties n unchecked checked option compress this drive to save disk space.

    5.hit apply it will take some time son wait.

    6.Then i connected hard drive back to my laptop.

    7.Now everything is was fine.

    8.Hard disc was checked n now everything was ok.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-07-19T16:00:19+00:00

    thanks for your tips,, it help me much :). godbless,

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-10-29T10:58:15+00:00

    original title: boot up

    Every time I boot up my cpu it says TFGHT is compressed press Ctrl+Alt+Del. It started after I compressed my C: drive, now I am unable to boot up any cd/dvd or enter safe mode only BIOS. Please help solve.

    with the Active bootable cd , go to c: driver and make the driver Uncompressed ,,

    and boot normally , the windows is working as it is ,,,, regards to all

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments