Windows DVD Maker Aspect Ratio problems

Anonymous
2010-03-04T02:15:45+00:00

I am using the Windows 7 DVD Maker tool, and am experiencing some MAJOR issues.  I have a widescreen formatted AVI file I am trying to burn onto a DVD.  When I import the video, it doesn't matter which aspect ratio I choose the finished DVD is the same.  Menu shows video correctly, but the movie part is squeezed into a 4:3 with black bars on all four sides. it seems to be that Windows DVD Maker does not recognize the aspect ratio of the AVI file imported. Although the AVI file loads in Media Player in the widescreen format, the file listing in DVD Maker clearly shows in 4:3 aspect ratios for the same file, I may sure that Windows 7 DVD Maker is set up correctly on (16:9)

 I have wasted several DVDs attempting to use multiple configurations within DVD Maker and none have been successful. The dvd ALWAYS burns in 4:3 aspect ration regardless of the settings chosen under the options menu. This is definitely a bug in the program.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-08-24T14:59:42+00:00

    I used a WMV file and had exactly the same problem. Is there way to actually address the problem? 16:9 videos displayed as 4:3 look awful.

    You replied to a post that's over six years old, and the answers you are seeking are in this thread.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-08-24T14:51:30+00:00

    I used a WMV file and had exactly the same problem. Is there way to actually address the problem? 16:9 videos displayed as 4:3 look awful.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-12-19T02:28:46+00:00

    Great summary Jim.... stay around to help with other Movie maker issues

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments