Hello Ericsz,
There are several issues that can cause this and other problems that lead to the Appcrash error. There is another post that has several steps to troubleshoot the issue, try those steps and see if they help.
LD
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Greetings,
I had Vista 64 and now upgraded to Windows 7 64bit. 80% of my games crash on load.
As other I have googled the shiznit out of this, it seems most people crash some time into a game, I crash without the thing loading at all.
My setup.
Processor Information:
Qx9770 (I run clocked and not clocked, all modes crash)
Asus Striker II Extreme motherboard
Windows Version:
Windows 7 (64 bit)
Video Card:
Driver: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+
DirectX Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll
Driver Version: 8.17.11.9562 (driver 195.62, I've also tried 196.xx)
DirectX Driver Version: 8.17.11.9562
DirectX Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+
Number of Monitors: 2
Number of Logical Video Cards: 2 (SLI and NO SLI, still crash)
Primary Display Resolution: 1920 x 1200
Desktop Resolution: 3200 x 1200
Sound card:
Audio device: Speakers (SoundMAX Integrated D
Memory:
RAM: 4094 Mb
These games run off Steam mainly but also games not in steam crash.
Fallout 3
Halfllife 2
Ghostbusters
JadeEmpire
MassEffect
Mirror's Edge various others.
Surprisingly Crysis works, Company of heroes also.
A typical crash brings up this window.
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Fallout3.exe
Application Version: 1.7.0.3
Application Timestamp: 4a40f18b
Fault Module Name: d3d9.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bd9a9
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00004bc5
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 3081
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Any suggestions?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hello Ericsz,
There are several issues that can cause this and other problems that lead to the Appcrash error. There is another post that has several steps to troubleshoot the issue, try those steps and see if they help.
LD
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
I had a trouble with Steam games crashing when doing multiplayer, sometimes with singleplayer as well, my problem was at first my antivirus firewall blocking connections due to it seeing it as malware, some antivirus like Norton will have to have firewall checked that every connection that says, or has something to do, with steam must be set to allow. This may solve some issues but I noticed that with Windows update KB2620704 that this issue has returned and not even resetting my antivirus firewall will fix this new problem.
I have an 8800 GTS and have the same d3d9.dll & nvd3dum.dll errors that cause all my games to crash. It's just the games. I tried the fix above, a clean boot and a new account. Still having the same issue.
I've upgraded, downgraded, clean installed & whatever else in regards to video cards. I even put an 8600 in my PC to see if the video card was the issue, but I still got the same errors with a completely different set of drivers.
I tried Nvidia tech support and they narrowed it down to Direct X being the issue. Unfortunately, I can't remove Direct X, or reinstall it, or whatever.
Would love a solution for this, Microsoft.
I have same problem on Win 7 64 bit, AMD phenom, 8gb ram, I started with a Nvidia 8800 gt and it worked well for a month or two. Then it semed to break and just locked the PC up but worked fine on the net or other apps but not games. So I just bought and installed Radeon 6870 updated drivers, DX and still Its crashing playing Crysis, it is a differant crash from that I had with the 8800 though as I can alt tab out and close it. I have tried all the fixs suggested in this thread to no avail.