[SOLVED] Windows 7 64 bit crashes constantly with games - APPCRASH - Fault Module Name: d3d9.dll

Anonymous
2010-02-01T06:47:05+00:00

Greetings,

I had Vista 64 and now upgraded to Windows 7 64bit.  80% of my games crash on load.

As other I have googled the shiznit out of this, it seems most people crash some time into a game, I crash without the thing loading at all.

My setup.

Processor Information:

Qx9770 (I run clocked and not clocked, all modes crash)

Asus Striker II Extreme motherboard

Windows Version:

    Windows 7 (64 bit)

Video Card:

    Driver:  NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+

    DirectX Driver Name:  nvd3dum.dll

    Driver Version:  8.17.11.9562 (driver 195.62, I've also tried 196.xx)

    DirectX Driver Version:  8.17.11.9562

    DirectX Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+

    Number of Monitors:  2

    Number of Logical Video Cards:  2 (SLI and NO SLI, still crash)

    Primary Display Resolution:  1920 x 1200

    Desktop Resolution: 3200 x 1200

Sound card:

    Audio device: Speakers (SoundMAX Integrated D

Memory:

    RAM:  4094 Mb

These games run off Steam mainly but also games not in steam crash.

Fallout 3

Halfllife 2

Ghostbusters

JadeEmpire

MassEffect

Mirror's Edge  various others.

Surprisingly Crysis works, Company of heroes also.

A typical crash brings up this window.

Problem signature:

  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH

  Application Name:    Fallout3.exe

  Application Version:    1.7.0.3

  Application Timestamp:    4a40f18b

  Fault Module Name:    d3d9.dll

  Fault Module Version:    6.1.7600.16385

  Fault Module Timestamp:    4a5bd9a9

  Exception Code:    c0000005

  Exception Offset:    00004bc5

  OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

  Locale ID:    3081

  Additional Information 1:    0a9e

  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

  Additional Information 3:    0a9e

  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Any suggestions?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-12-12T03:55:11+00:00

Hello Ericsz,

There are several issues that can cause this and other problems that lead to the Appcrash error. There is another post that has several steps to troubleshoot the issue, try those steps and see if they help.

 http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-gaming/appcrash-error-when-playing-some-games/dfc6f06c-a75f-4306-ac85-35dbbf8485a9?tm=1323661425093

LD

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

51 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-02-28T20:52:02+00:00

    I am usihpmhp  pro 3500,I can play pes15,devilmaycry 5.when I install hitman 4 and 5 it show AAPPCRASH Try out clean boot and others....but still the problem remains...please help me ...I love hitman games...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-10-23T13:09:38+00:00

    ...of course replace original file when prompted

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-10-23T13:07:57+00:00

    Hey, people i've worked something out that works 4 me pretty fine.

    I am playing Fallout III : Wasteland Edition on 64bit Windows 7 system 

    about 3 hours now and everything seems fine. (i've tested that with many other games people reporting crash issues).

    I believe the main problem is that those games were designed for 32bit systems maybe or they seem to be having a cap limit on reading RAM (<3.9GB)

    Sooo... I downloaded the CFF Explorer ... I am not posting links, you can find it anywere in the www ...

    --> Simply run the game .exe with Cff explorer and under File Header tab hit "Click Here"

    on the down right part of the window.

    ---> Just click the " app can handle >2gb address space"

    and WooOOooP...

    your 64 bit system is not going to crash any time the game tries to use more than the 2 gb address memory cause you just let it use all the ram available in your system.

    Let me know if it Works 

    always happy to help people!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments