Windows 7 Error code 80070103

Anonymous
2009-11-11T10:41:07+00:00

Windows 7 won't install nVidea Geforce 7300 GT update on a windows 7 64bit machine

Any sugestions ?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-11-11T22:56:25+00:00

Hi OneToo

Welcome to Microsoft Answers Forum!

We receive this error message when you are trying to update driver from Windows update and installing a driver that is already installed on your computer or a driver that has a lower compatibility rating than one you already have installed.

Here are the below links  for reference: Windows Update error 80070103

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Windows-Update-error-80070103

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952032

I would recommend you to update the driver manually. Steps to update the driver manually

i.                     Click Start, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.

ii.                    On the “Device Manager” window, expand the item, right click on the sub item and then click “Update Driver”.

iii.                  Restart the computer once the driver is updated.

If this fails then try to reinstall the driver

i.               Click Start, type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

ii.                     Expand the driver and right click on the sub item and click uninstall.

iii.                   Restart the computer.

iv.                   Visit the manufacturer website to download the latest driver.

v.                     Install the driver and restart the computer for the changes to take effect.

Link for reference: Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

 http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Update-a-driver-for-hardware-that-isnt-working-properly

Thanks and Regards:

Samhrutha G S - Microsoft Support.

  Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

51 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-09-30T03:00:57+00:00

    Thanks. I agree. It didn't work and made more problems than I had before.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-09-29T10:16:55+00:00

    The "solution" (the best solution) is to disregard the advice from the Microsoft engaged alleged "expert" and do what ElderN says in the previous reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-09-29T09:58:36+00:00

    I have exactly the same problem and none of the solutions suggested have worked - because right clicking does not open "Update."

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-09-28T20:45:21+00:00

    I'm not receiving the option to update (or even uninstall) the NVIDA Display when I right click. (That is definitely the driver that needs the update, but is giving me the error message when I try to update.)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments