Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on macOS
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I get a new tab everytime I click on a link, which is a pain as closing the link is not working well.
Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on macOS
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi I've found how to solve this issue
the problem is from Bing (the search engine) not Edge (Browser)
this one worked for me! thank you!
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
The key here is to forget about Microsoft Edge settings. You won't find anything there.
Go To Bing.com, hit the hamburger there (three dots or three lines, depending on your version)
Once you're there click on "Settings"
Then click on "More"
There you will find a section called "Results"
Uncheck both new tab options
Voila!
Thank you, community
I already know I'm the best. Don't mention it. Stop it. OK. I know. I'm the best
Having the same issue as Juju Beanz and Saf Sied. I am able to toggle these settings off, but everything resets after I close the browser.
Latest browser version installed and tried logging in/out, resetting PC. Doesn't seem to permanently apply the setting.
Has anyone found a solution to this?
Thank you,
JP