Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on macOS
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I get a new tab everytime I click on a link, which is a pain as closing the link is not working well.
Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on macOS
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi I've found how to solve this issue
the problem is from Bing (the search engine) not Edge (Browser)
Just a heads up for anyone who hasn't found an answer that works yet, I used the settings on edge home page rather than edge browser settings,
open edge > open settings symbol top right of the open page> turn off "open in new tab".
HTH
Followed these steps and it works as long as i don't close edge. If i close edge and open back up the settings are switched back. I checked my cookie settings and are set to allow and not to delete them.
I do not have this option to select and this browser is driving me nuts with all these new tabs
It is search engine problem. Try this to fix it
Open links from news results in a new tab or window