Why does Copilot keep telling me to sign in?

Anonymous
2024-03-22T19:00:54+00:00

Why does Copilot keep telling me "it looks like I've been signed out? I'm signed in to my personal Microsoft account, using a fully updated Windows 10 Pro desktop, using updated Edge or Chrome browsers. I have a Copilot Pro subscription and yet I am unable to ask it a question without it telling me it looks like I've been signed out--very frustrating. I will cancel my subscription if I can't use the product. I've also cleared the browser caches.

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-04-18T21:37:30+00:00

For me, I found the fix: I had a VPN turned on, and I forgot that. So I turned the VPN off and suddenly everything worked again. Sharing in the small chance this works for you too

Thanks for posting this. Copilot was doing the same to me with my VPN on. I turned off VPN and Copilot works again.

<removed CoC> I USE A VPN TO PROTECT ME ONLINE AND FORCING PEOPLE TO TURN OFF THEIR VPN TO USE YOUR SERVICE IS JUST INSANE!!!!!

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

54 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-20T14:24:20+00:00

    Can't turn off the company VPN. Pretty please, with sugar on the top, fix the thing!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-20T02:35:42+00:00

    For me, I found the fix: I had a VPN turned on, and I forgot that. So I turned the VPN off and suddenly everything worked again. Sharing in the small chance this works for you too

    Thanks for posting this. Copilot was doing the same to me with my VPN on. I turned off VPN and Copilot works again.

    MICROSOFT - STOP DOING CRAZY **** LIKE THIS! I USE A VPN TO PROTECT ME ONLINE AND FORCING PEOPLE TO TURN OFF THEIR VPN TO USE YOUR SERVICE IS JUST INSANE!!!!!

    i just found this as well. What good are VPN's in 2024 now, since almost all major sites are blocking them?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-14T16:43:46+00:00

    Thanks a lot I use on all my devices and strangely Copilot works well with my phone but not with my laptop 😝😝😝 2?different network

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more