Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Why does Copilot keep telling me "it looks like I've been signed out? I'm signed in to my personal Microsoft account, using a fully updated Windows 10 Pro desktop, using updated Edge or Chrome browsers. I have a Copilot Pro subscription and yet I am unable to ask it a question without it telling me it looks like I've been signed out--very frustrating. I will cancel my subscription if I can't use the product. I've also cleared the browser caches.
Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
For me, I found the fix: I had a VPN turned on, and I forgot that. So I turned the VPN off and suddenly everything worked again. Sharing in the small chance this works for you too
Thanks for posting this. Copilot was doing the same to me with my VPN on. I turned off VPN and Copilot works again.
<removed CoC> I USE A VPN TO PROTECT ME ONLINE AND FORCING PEOPLE TO TURN OFF THEIR VPN TO USE YOUR SERVICE IS JUST INSANE!!!!!
The fact is, Microsoft has no business requesting a users email address. To use edge, Copilot or even windows, a user account and email address is completely unnecessary. The reason why they do this are for obvious exploitive purposes. This will never end. I’ve never seen such a fight between those trying to retain a modicum of privacy and companies like Microsoft, Google, and Apple, that fight to steal and exploit this information. Ask yourself, how many darn browsers do we need that claim to respect our privacy. Every browser offers to solve a problem that they created and perpetuate.
I followed your instructions, and the Support portal led me back to this page. <facepalm> I literally can't use Copilot, despite signing in repeatedly. Product fail
I have the same problem, have used it for months now with joy and today it doesn´t work, it keeps saying it needs me to sign in, so i try everything for two hours now, deleting the app, reinstalling it, signing out and in multiple times, now even in the edge it does not work...
For me, I found the fix: I had a VPN turned on, and I forgot that. So I turned the VPN off and suddenly everything worked again. Sharing in the small chance this works for you too