Attach file button (paperclip) disappeared from Copilot web

Anonymous
2024-03-28T07:16:56+00:00

Hi,

Any idea why the attach file button has suddenly vanished from Copilot, Copilot (microsoft.com)? It was available yesterday. I used it to quickly summarize PDF and Word documents.

Regards,

Alex

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 11

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-29T21:03:33+00:00

    Hi,

    Any idea why the attach file button has suddenly vanished from Copilot, Copilot (microsoft.com)? It was available yesterday. I used it to quickly summarize PDF and Word documents.

    Regards,

    AlexImage

    I'm a fellow user and, like many of you, I've been eagerly awaiting the return of the Copilot document upload feature. I don't work for Microsoft, but I did inquire to the app. (It took all of 3 seconds). Here's a message that I received (from Copilot app)

    **Title: Update on Copilot Document Upload Feature**

    Dear Microsoft Edge Users,

    We understand that the recent unavailability of the Copilot document upload feature has caused some inconvenience, and we appreciate your patience as we work towards enhancing your browsing experience.

    Please be assured that the feature's current inaccessibility is temporary and part of our ongoing efforts to improve its functionality and integration. Our team is diligently working on updates that will not only restore the feature but also ensure a more robust and user-friendly interface.

    We recognize that some of you have come to rely on this feature and may feel its absence impacts your workflow. We want to reassure you that providing high-quality, reliable tools is at the forefront of our priorities, and we are committed to restoring service as swiftly as possible.

    In the meantime, we advise against attempting workarounds such as clearing cache or logging out and back in, as these do not address the current updates and may inadvertently affect your user experience.

    Your understanding and cooperation are greatly valued as we strive to bring you the best possible version of Microsoft Edge. Stay tuned for further announcements on when the feature will be re-enabled.

    Thank you for your continued support.

    Warm regards,

    The Microsoft Edge Team

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-12T09:51:57+00:00

    I was informed it is not fully functional, so it comes and goes. Weird because there are other AI sites who can work with PDF's just fine. Microsoft could at least limit the types of files being uploaded if they don't want to deal with "every" file type.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-17T18:39:46+00:00

    It is quite unfair for this issue to occur for Copilot Pro users.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-11T19:00:21+00:00

    I'm having the same issue, the file upload paperclip icon appears intermittently. I've checked this with CoPilot in Windows 11, or in Edge, or the copilot.microsoft.com site. And I'm also a Copilot Pro user.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-09T19:02:45+00:00

    Did you find the solution? I am using the Copilot Pro($20), and the attach file button suddenly disappeared yesterday. When I log out the the button reappears. Is there any limitation on how many times we can upload files?

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments