In Edge Collections, how do I sort collections alphabetically? It used to be easy to do.

Anonymous
2023-05-24T15:44:54+00:00

In Edge Collections, how do I sort collections alphabetically? It used to be easy to do.

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 11

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-07T03:52:02+00:00

    I've just spent half an hour reordering my collections manually, which renders the feature unworkable (I have 45 odd collections)

    Collections used to be a really attractive reason to use Microsoft Edge, with a great visual presentation.

    For me this change is a deal breaker, as I suspect it would be for anyone with more than a handful of collections.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-30T23:00:12+00:00

    It used to display the folders in the Collections, but some bright spark decided to only allow to show the files(links). That makes using Collections cumbersome, as it is easier to look through a few folders, instead of hundreds of files.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-07-17T05:03:22+00:00

    This is the method with the "old" Collections. Since MS - in their wisdom - modified the Collections, this does not work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-07-12T02:08:47+00:00

    if you click the Collections icon on the top toolbar, then on the resulting menu, click the 3 dots at the top of the menu, you should see the sorting options.

    What you see when you click the three dots depends on whether you are signed in or not. You see "Sort by name" if you are not signed in. If you are signed in, you see "Manage". This gives you handles by which to drag collections up and down.

    Be aware that signing out, sorting by name, and signing back in does not work. Further, I do not trust that my local data corresponds to what gets synced when I am signed in. I have spent hours sorting collections manually (while signed in). Thankfully, the order survives invocations of the Collections panel, which is not true for "Sort by name".

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-05-24T18:09:30+00:00

    Dave,

    When I click on the Collections 3 dots (diagram #2), I get the options of "Manage" and "Learn More." When I select "Manage," I get a shaded area at the top of the screen: "X Reorder" with a Save button. If I click on X that takes me out of manage mode, Reorder does not and Save does nothing.

    Can you give me more help?

    Thanks,

    ****

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments