Launching Microsoft Edge on Windows 11
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Xbox One, Microsoft Edge won't open. Was working yesterday, now it doesn't.
Microsoft support is of no help, if they don't disconnect your call then, they want you to do everything you already have done before even contacting them: I already did a soft reboot, hard reboot, clear local games, check updates (cant update Microsoft Edge), keep apps/games updated, etc...
Launching Microsoft Edge on Windows 11
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Okay, I've had the same issue as everyone else, have done everything including totally erasing every hint of edge from my system including the registry, and a hundred other things. WHY does this work? Because it worked!
Disregard my previous reply. All good.
Local State file keeps coming back after I delete it. This solution did not work for me.
This did not work either. What else can I do?
Hi,
Have you tried putting .old in the "User Data" folder. As soon as you open Edge, the system itself will recreate a new folder.
path: %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\
folder: User Data.old
Thanks, that worked a treat for me! Can I now delete that original folder?