What's with the "briefcase" tag on the edge icon?

Anonymous
2023-08-22T07:43:13+00:00

I don't really appreciate random unidentified things like this that just turn up, especially on a work laptop.

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-08-22T21:36:19+00:00

Try this:

Edge > Settings > Search for "Briefcase" > Customize appearance > Show briefcase icon on work profiles | Are you satisfied with seeing the briefcase icon on work profiles?

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-08-22T08:22:02+00:00

Hello Jamie,

I am Jaspreet Singh.

The icon change is for "edge for business" mode of the brower which was announced to be coming in an update later a couple of months back

https://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-announces...

A few more functionalities have been added in this month : https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/mi...

Disclaimer: this is a non Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (potentially unwanted products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-08-28T20:47:29+00:00

    What exactly is the purpose of this? I tried reading the explanation but it doesn't make sense.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-08-28T20:18:34+00:00

    I agree the changing of Icons is not ok. Whoever thought this was a good idea needs to be fired from Microsoft!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-08-28T07:13:05+00:00

    Thank you! I hated that orange briefcase as it made me feel as though I had an unread notification. It's a relief to have it gone :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments