Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I don't really appreciate random unidentified things like this that just turn up, especially on a work laptop.
Other issues or features related to Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Try this:
Edge > Settings > Search for "Briefcase" > Customize appearance > Show briefcase icon on work profiles | Are you satisfied with seeing the briefcase icon on work profiles?
Hello Jamie,
I am Jaspreet Singh.
The icon change is for "edge for business" mode of the brower which was announced to be coming in an update later a couple of months back
https://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-announces...
A few more functionalities have been added in this month : https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/mi...
Disclaimer: this is a non Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (potentially unwanted products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it
As long as I "understand" what this "strange briefcase" means, it doesn't really matter, but still I feel many people ask about the meaning of a "briefcase" in their Edge icon...
But as clearly explained it only means "edge for business" :-)
What a brilliant idea from MS
I suggest that the roll-over-pop-up (hover) text tell what these sub-icons mean. They are indeed annoying and distracting if one doesn't know what they mean, because we can't tell if it's important or not. Let's settle on a hover convention or similar, please. This also applies to applications, such as Teams.