Managing bookmarks, browsing history, and downloads in Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Edge version: Version 90.0.818.56 (Official build) (64-bit)
Many new Edge User installs have the option to pin download and history icons to the tool bar, but mine does not.
How do i get them to show up?
Managing bookmarks, browsing history, and downloads in Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
weird. if i just deleted the folder, that happened. but deleting, restarting the pc, and then copying in a fresh edge folder worked like a charm for me...sorry
... download and history icons missing in tool bar
I don't have a solution, I'm afraid, but I'd mention that when the new fly-out panels were first introduced several months ago, their presence was governed by start command parameters. I wonder if those now no longer seeing the panels and their associated icons somehow have remnants of these parameters active. To find out, open edge://version in a new tab. The start command is given on the line labelled Command-line:
Do you see any reference to ms...Hub?
Similarly, there may be switches added to the command line of the shortcut used to launch the program. that's worth checking, too.
Another fix, other than deleting and recreating the account is if you happen to have another computer with the same account, do the following:
you're all set
Thanks for the reply. It is good to know deleting the account seems to work. I do use OneDrive for everything, so deleting wouldn't affect me really except for having to set up all the options and stuff. One thing I wouldn't be sure about is that my Microsoft account was the original setup account and the machine is registered to my MSFT account. Not sure if that would make a difference since the machine is now part of the org and controlled through there.
I actually created the "work" account and joined the domain after I created the standard accounts. I wasn't planning on using this machine for work at first but then changed my mind. It came with Home, so I upgraded it via the Windows Store to Pro and then joined with my business account.
The order was:
Once Edge updated to 92.0.902.55, have the buttons in daughter's account and work account, but not my personal one.
I did find this: [Tip] How to Restore Classic Download Panel at Bottom in Microsoft Edge – AskVG which says how to go BACK to not having the download button at all (old bottom left Chrome-style). However, it assumes the button is already there, and involves adding a command line option to a shortcut to disable it. There isn't any instruction on how to reinstate the button/flyout except to leave the command out.
Good Day Dannfort,
I appreciate your time getting back to this thread, it appears that this is a controlled feature roll out you are experiencing, this may happens for new version Edge, you are not the only one who is experiencing this issue.
You can visit this link below and reference.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/microsofted...
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/articles...
Have a wonderful day ahead and stay safe.
Sincerely,
Carlo T.