Latest Edge download and history icons missing in tool bar and not available in appearance in settings

Anonymous
2021-05-12T12:54:00+00:00

Edge version: Version 90.0.818.56 (Official build) (64-bit)

Many new Edge User installs have the option to pin download and history icons to the tool bar, but mine does not.

How do i get them to show up?

Microsoft Edge | Favorites, history, and downloads | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-29T19:22:46+00:00

    Just a clue: I have a secondary local guest account on that computer. I have just switched to that account and Edge does show the missing icons (when running on that account).

    It means that there is somewhere in my main Microsoft account a "setting" saying to behave like that i.e., without those icons.

    I did, in turn, deleted the %localappdata%\Microsoft\Edge folder on my main account Microsoft and restarted Edge. And for some moments it did bring back the missing icons. But now they are gone again!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-29T19:12:29+00:00

    Did you switched to dev branch? My pinned icons disappeared after joining Dev branch for Win11 and restarted edge. The files are downloaded at bottom same as chrome.

    Edit: I am not sure it was after joining dev branch. I do remember few hours ago, Edge showed me first-time welcome screen and asked me to sign in. I disabled and re-enabled few services few hours ago

    No, no dev branch at all.

    Thank you @PankajTalesara1!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-29T19:11:44+00:00

    Is it set to clear browser cookies?  If so, can you turn that setting off and see if anything changes?

    Eric

    I do not clean cookies with CCleaner. I only clean temporary files with it. Anyway, I have disabled that cleaning and it made not change at all.

    Thank you @Eric-SE!

    PS: sorry for my delayed answer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-29T14:56:22+00:00

    Did you switched to dev branch? My pinned icons disappeared after joining Dev branch for Win11 and restarted edge. The files are downloaded at bottom same as chrome.

    Edit: I am not sure it was after joining dev branch. I do remember few hours ago, Edge showed me first-time welcome screen and asked me to sign in. I disabled and re-enabled few services few hours ago

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-06-24T14:45:15+00:00

    Is it set to clear browser cookies?  If so, can you turn that setting off and see if anything changes?

    Eric

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments