Managing browser extensions in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I get this error when I want to install any Edge's extensions on Xbox:
An error has occurred
There was a problem with adding the item to Microsoft Edge.
Please refresh the page and try again.
I did restart the console and also shut down, but it happens every time.
Managing browser extensions in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Amirds
I am Dave, I will help you with this.
The Edge browser on the consoles is a closed browser and currently, there is no way to install extensions into the console version of Edge, hopefully they may add that functionality in an update, but for now that is not possible.
I get this error when I want to install any Edge's extensions on Xbox:
An error has occurred
There was a problem with adding the item to Microsoft Edge.
Please refresh the page and try again.
I did restart the console and also shut down, but it happens every time.
Yeah ? Having to pay same price or greater as a PC CONSOLE AND TO NOT GET THE BASICS STANDERS OF A SMARTER PROFORMANCE IS CRAZY SCAM THIS CONSOLE SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO AS MUCH OR GREATER THEN A TABLET BUT EVEN A TABLET COMPATIBILITY IS GREATER !!! Hows THAT POSSIBLE
Why hasn't this happened yet?
I think xbox really is mising a trick here. I find myself using the xbox series as entetainment system. Mostly for games, streaming bbc iplayer, itv hub etc.
But i also use edge for surfing the web, email and even purchases. What a is annoying, is this function which is disabled by ms. But on the same note they have ms rewards running, tracking the searches you make. That is using javascript protocol.
So i can not see why they cant. I missing out on topcashback when i make a purchase.
As far as I'm aware, they took the feature to download anything because they improved java script on the browser and didn't want people to hack it.