Managing browser extensions in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I get this error when I want to install any Edge's extensions on Xbox:
An error has occurred
There was a problem with adding the item to Microsoft Edge.
Please refresh the page and try again.
I did restart the console and also shut down, but it happens every time.
Managing browser extensions in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Amirds
I am Dave, I will help you with this.
The Edge browser on the consoles is a closed browser and currently, there is no way to install extensions into the console version of Edge, hopefully they may add that functionality in an update, but for now that is not possible.
I STRONGLY AGREE :)
How about microsoft have a active list of safe know extensions, which could be search for instore addons, to be selected by the user. Thus would allow microsoft xbox, to be in control with regards to security concerns, but would give the user of the xbox a choice of extension that could be added, without the vulnerability of security concerns.
Hello Microsoft, please find a way around it and make it possible to use edge extensions
Bruh. If it was just like on the pc, we could add extensions in it 💀