Managing browser extensions in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I get this error when I want to install any Edge's extensions on Xbox:
An error has occurred
There was a problem with adding the item to Microsoft Edge.
Please refresh the page and try again.
I did restart the console and also shut down, but it happens every time.
Managing browser extensions in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Amirds
I am Dave, I will help you with this.
The Edge browser on the consoles is a closed browser and currently, there is no way to install extensions into the console version of Edge, hopefully they may add that functionality in an update, but for now that is not possible.
"Hi Amirds
I am Dave, I will help you with this.
The Edge browser on the consoles is a closed browser and currently, there is no way to install extensions into the console version of Edge, hopefully they may add that functionality in an update, but for now that is not possible."
Ok, but why wasn't it already a feature from the beginning? Can this feature please get here soon? It's just a little frustrating when you see the option to do so just to get an error message "saying something went wrong" when the feature wasn't even available to begin with. I mean come on, there's still many features that are missing and / or don't work. Like you can't Downland images either; like if I wanted to download a custom background / gamer Pic directly from the Edge Browser, sorry you can't. You have to do it through other means, either through USB or though the mobile app, which is not always convenient. Plus, the feature to download images and other stuff was there before... so what happened to it? So many questions.
Plus, can I get a genuine response, not a copy & pasted from a word sheet response, but well written / hand typed response.
OK thanks :^]
Well. MAKE IT SO TO DOWNLOAD FILES ON XBOX AND EXSTITONS! NOW! IDC ABOUT MICROSOFT WORRING ABOUT HACKS! DO IT NOW
So I'm forced to use Edge as a browser and I can't use any features... not cool man. It's so limited.
damn, that's extremely disappointing :|