How to remove MSN from microsoft edge start page ?

Reported
Anonymous
2021-05-23T13:19:48+00:00

Hello,

I have been trying to get rid of the MSN by the ways I found but non is working I would really like some help.

* Moved from MSN

Microsoft Edge | Open the browser | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Reported
Anonymous
2022-03-31T17:04:15+00:00

Like you, I had no desire to see the news feed upon startup OR when I open a new tab.

First, navigate to Edge's settings using the three dots on the upper right hand side of the window

Next, navigate to "Start, home, and new tabs"

In the "Start, home, and new tabs" section, I personally have it set to a couple sites/tools I use regularly for work, but you can set it to "Open the new tab page" which I'll get to below.

Edge handles new tabs separately and you are required to "personalize" the new tab layout. To do this, while still on the "Start, home, and new tabs" settings page, scroll down to "New tab page" then click "Customize"

Now, on the top right, click the cog icon and select "Custom"

Here, you can remove all "features" and content

Now, your new tabs should open up to something that resembles this, and if you set your startup page to "Open the new tab page" it should show this upon startup as well. :)

Hope this helps everyone!

0 comments No comments

52 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-12-06T02:45:23+00:00

    I click on open a specific page and add the URL for that specific page and the Edge page always opens on start up instead of the page I have specified to open.

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-09-20T15:11:24+00:00

    I too would like to get rid of the msn propaganda, but I think it's impossible. I think you have to use a different browser. Get away from Microsoft at all costs.

    Yes, thank you.

    I used "ifiredogs" instructions and was able to rid myself of their (MSN-Microsoft...) propaganda.

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-08-29T09:16:25+00:00

    ... all 3 choices Result in a Microsoft page...

    You said that this happens when you right-click on the edge icon in the taskbar and select "new window". The settings Don is referring to only apply when launching Edge. If it's already running, a new window will always open with the New Tab Page.

    This is a page served by MSN, with (depending on its user configuration) some content provided by Bing. Whether Bing is involved or not depends on both the Page settings accessed via the gear icon in its top right-hand corner and on the Address bar and search settings at edge://settings/search. What you won't ever get is the DuckDuckGo home page, because it's just not necessary. Set up the page properly and all your searches will be carried out by DDG.

    0 comments No comments
  4. Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2021-08-29T08:07:49+00:00

    All 3 choices have the exact same result I edit the URL and put in what I want which is ducked go and like I said all 3 choices Result in a Microsoft page...

    If you've selected Open these pages and have only https://duckduckgo.com/ listed you shouldn't be seeing Bing.

    Don

    0 comments No comments