Launching Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello,
I have been trying to get rid of the MSN by the ways I found but non is working I would really like some help.
* Moved from MSN
Launching Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Like you, I had no desire to see the news feed upon startup OR when I open a new tab.
First, navigate to Edge's settings using the three dots on the upper right hand side of the window
Next, navigate to "Start, home, and new tabs"
In the "Start, home, and new tabs" section, I personally have it set to a couple sites/tools I use regularly for work, but you can set it to "Open the new tab page" which I'll get to below.
Edge handles new tabs separately and you are required to "personalize" the new tab layout. To do this, while still on the "Start, home, and new tabs" settings page, scroll down to "New tab page" then click "Customize"
Now, on the top right, click the cog icon and select "Custom"
Here, you can remove all "features" and content
Now, your new tabs should open up to something that resembles this, and if you set your startup page to "Open the new tab page" it should show this upon startup as well. :)
Hope this helps everyone!
Eric2597_3o9 wrote:
Nothing posted addresses the issue. Is there any way to prevent the bing search page from loading when I right-click on the edge icon in the taskbar and select "new window" ???:
In Edge > Settings > Start, home & new tabs > when Edge starts, the options are
* Open the new tab page
* Open tabs from the previous session
* Open these pages.
If you've chosen this, what webpages are opening?
Which of those have you selected?
Don
I guess you must be still working on it because I still get the same page everyone else is trying to get rid of. I put EDGE on my computer because I was hoping it would be better that Internet Explorer. Nope. Time to delete but hey, at least I tried.
Edge > 3 dots > Settings > On startup . . . Which option have you selected?
Edge > Settings > Appearance > Show Home button & set homepage > What have you selected?
Don
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
Hi,
Thank you for your response.
We would like to know if the suggestion provided in my post resolved the issue.
Regards,
Aditya Roy
Microsoft Community – Moderator