Managing tabs, address bar, and search settings in Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
So, recently I installed the newest update of Microsoft Edge, and two of my most favorite buttons - hidden tabs button and the drawing button (I use touchscreen) disappeared. These two features were the main reason why I preferred Edge to any other browser, and now, they are gone. I wonder if it would be possible to return both or any of them back and if so, how? If that's not possible, where can I download an older version of Edge?
Managing tabs, address bar, and search settings in Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I also will change back to the old version for three reasons.
I like to draw on webpages.
I like to use the tool that let you save a group of open web pages with one click, and access them with one click. Not sure what that was called, it was at the top left.
I can't change the speed of videos I view on my online university platform.
I would change it anyway for just one of these reasons alone - I see no improvement with the update.
I also want to go back to the old version because now, even with the pens being able to change color and thickness, there is no "save" button for the writing I have, and I have to "save as" a whole new file instead of being able to "save" as I write.
The button to uninstall is also grayed out for me.
Is there any way to uninstall the new "update" to revert to the old version?
The main reason I use Microsoft Edge is for the annotating .pdf function, so I would really appreciate any help.
I agree with everyone here. I almost thought this new edge browser was great until I decided to make an annotation on a webpage. Unfortunately, Microsoft removed that feature! Everything about this new edge browser is exactly like Chrome even the add-ons you install thinks it's Chrome. If I wanted to Google Chrome's features I would have just installed Chrome instead of upgrading Edge explorer. Truly disappointing!
Thank you, I followed your instructions and auto-appeared previous version with MS feedback in new tab. I also used the draw tools as an essential tool. Thanks again.
Hey, this is another one facing the same problem.
Tried the methodology mentioned above but got stuck into the uninstallation process.
System isn't allowing the uninstallation off the PC!
Please let me know how were you able to get away through this mess.