Fast scrolling

Anonymous
2020-01-19T22:01:12+00:00

Ever since the new chromium the scroll feature is way too fast,uncontrollable.I have a Lenovo Y700 with the ELAN pointing device,and i have installed the latest driver from lenovo.This wasn't like this on EDGE and all other browsers work fine.Scrolling in windows is good just this browser.I have tried all settings in the touchpad control and they have no effect on scrolling.any fix for this?

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-01-02T14:51:26+00:00

    The following was helping on my Lenovo V510:

    1. Open regedit.exe using run
    1. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> SOFTWARE -> Elantech -> Smartpad
    1. Change ScrollControl_Mode from 0 to 1
    1. Open the elan software and click apply just to make sure the settings get applied

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-06T18:20:49+00:00

    The following was helping on my Lenovo V510:

    1. Open regedit.exe using run
    1. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> SOFTWARE -> Elantech -> Smartpad
    1. Change ScrollControl_Mode from 0 to 1
    1. Open the elan software and click apply just to make sure the settings get applied

    Thanks! That fixed it for me!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-04-26T15:11:24+00:00

    I have same problem in new edge. and i re-updated all my drivers too.

    i use lenovo 320

    it must be some compat. issues with lenovo drivers i'm guessing

    fast scrolling issue don't happen anywhere else at all!! only in microsoft edge

    so maybe the problem is in edge and devs need to have a look into that cause what i see here is just bunch of people suggesting for driver updates 

    yesi love edge but this issue makes it unusable sorry

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-04-05T18:00:12+00:00

    I had the same issue.  I fixed it by going into the "Additional Mouse Options" window (old control panel window), going to the wheel tab, and changing the vertical mouse scrolling from "One page at a time" to 3 lines at a time.  It's much better.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-01-19T22:11:08+00:00

    Hi Etuke. I'm Greg an installation specialist, MVP and Moderator here to help you.

    It seems like you've tried everything. I would file feedback In the Edge settings for help and feedback.

    If you want to post back a share link to your feedback here others can vote it up and I will endorse it with my MVP badge

    I'd also contact Lenovo support to see if it is a known issue on that model PC.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments