Fast scrolling

Anonymous
2020-01-19T22:01:12+00:00

Ever since the new chromium the scroll feature is way too fast,uncontrollable.I have a Lenovo Y700 with the ELAN pointing device,and i have installed the latest driver from lenovo.This wasn't like this on EDGE and all other browsers work fine.Scrolling in windows is good just this browser.I have tried all settings in the touchpad control and they have no effect on scrolling.any fix for this?

Microsoft Edge | Other | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-12-25T13:27:12+00:00

    Same Prob here but on a lenovo flex, scrolling is fine in chrome and firefox so I'm not willing to change touchpad/mouse settings, it is within the Edge browser so Microsoft needs to fix it!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-07-18T11:27:04+00:00

    Ever since the new chromium the scroll feature is way too fast,uncontrollable.I have a Lenovo Y700 with the ELAN pointing device,and i have installed the latest driver from lenovo.This wasn't like this on EDGE and all other browsers work fine.Scrolling in windows is good just this browser.I have tried all settings in the touchpad control and they have no effect on scrolling.any fix for this?

    I had the same problem ONLY with the latest Edge.  MS Surface Pro, Logitech MX Anywhere 2S Mouse.  Fixed it by turning OFF smooth scrolling in Logitech Options.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-05-31T17:04:34+00:00

    I'm also facing the same issue in Lenovo Z51 model. This happens only in new Edge chromium browser!!!

    HI,

    here is the fix I used:

    1. Open regedit.exe using run
    1. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> SOFTWARE -> Elantech -> Smartpad
    1. Double Click on  ScrollControl_Mode and change value from 0 to 1

    It worked for me.

    Woah! cool man. This fixed the issue. Thank you so much :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-04-15T19:54:18+00:00

    Hi, etuke,

    Have you tried Resetting touchpad to Defaults?

    Settings > Devices > Touchpad

    Scroll all the way down to Reset

    In same window > Have you tried changing Touchpad Sensitivity?

    @KMatney, 

    +1 (same here)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more