How to block news channels, or domains, on Microsoft Edge news feeds

Anonymous
2021-04-21T18:02:21+00:00

I keep getting content that I do not want. 

Ie: I do not want anything from Newsweek, Washington Examiner, Fox News or other tabloid 'news' sites.

How do I block them?

I need to either block these bad sites or uninstall Edge. 

Multiple threads on the same subject merged 

Microsoft Edge | Website issues | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

55 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-04-18T00:51:01+00:00

    Hi: I have also had this issue with the faux news sites like Fox, The Hill, Wash Examiner, Daily Mail, WSJ, etc., that I block every day, but which constantly reappear like Freddy Krueger. The latest outlet for the insurrectionists is something called USSA News - see attached pic. Their news stories have no ellipsis, so I can't get rid of them. I have no issue uninstalling Edge if that's what it takes?

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-12-30T02:02:19+00:00

    The "hide stories from" and "not interested in this story" options do not work. I've hidden several news sites and stories and they still pop up in my feed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-09-15T03:40:05+00:00

    Ben, as you probably already know the issue is with news presented on MSN's home page - not the news feed which is located at microsoftnews.com.

    There is no way to turn off unwanted news items that are full of information, i.e. Washington Examiner.

    So tell me how to turn off these unwanted apocryphal news stories on msn.com?

    Please be specific.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-07-08T23:17:51+00:00

    Hello,

    That's a very good suggestion, and I can definitely appreciate it! I'm going to make a note of it. I'd also recommend that you send in your thoughts, as well. You can do this by going to the "..." in the top right corner, scrolling down to "Help and Feedback", and then clicking on "Send Feedback". Once you do, you'll be able to send the team your suggestions. While I can definitely forward your notes, it also helps boost visibility when the team gets messages straight from the users, as well!

    I appreciate your chatting with me about this, and if you have any other questions, please let me know. Have a good day!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments