Managing tabs, address bar, and search settings in Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
An unscheduled reboot of Windows 10 to install updates has deleted all of my open tabs in Edge Chromium. I have no way to restore the previous session, and the "reopen closed tabs" option does not work. I have solved the problem for future tabs by selecting the "Continue where you left off" options in the "On startup" settings, but that does nothing to help me with the tabs I have already lost. You'd think there'd be an easy solution to this with as easily as Windows 10 reboots without permission, but I have yet to find one.
Any help for this annoying (and counterintuitive) issue?
[Original Title: Edge Chromium]
Managing tabs, address bar, and search settings in Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I went here and put "enabled" and now nothing closes!
I'm sorry, what does 'nothing closes' mean? That nothing happens when you click on the 🗙 in the corner of an Edge window? What about if you click ⋯ (Settings and more) > Close Microsoft Edge?
At ⋯ (Settings and more) > Settings > Appearance, is Ask before closing multiple tabs On or Off? If it's Off, you won't see a warning. If it's On, you will.
Before we accidently clicked the right "X" to close all Edge tabs, it would ask, "do we want to close all tabs." Now it doesn't!
This feature was introduced for testing some months ago. You can try it out for yourself: in a new tab, visit this page: edge://flags/#edge-ask-before-closing-multiple-tabs. You can then set the flag Ask Before Closing Multiple Tabs to Enabled.
After restarting the browser, you'll find the new option at ⋯ (Settings and more) > Settings > Appearance; turn it On to be warned before closing multiple tabs accidentally.
You should also try to remember the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-Shift-T, which will re-open any tab you just closed.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
4Steins, your posts are confusing, maybe due to being lost in translation, but if I am able to understand your issue... Are you saying if you close Edge that has multiple windows, each with multiple tabs, that when you open Edge again, all previous windows with their tabs are not restored? It works for me just fine, and I have 5 Edge windows with about 100 to 400 tabs in each. Sometimes over the past months Edge crashed and it asks me to restore the previous tabs and that also works fine for all the windows.
Certainly, it doesn't work in my EDGE
Sorry to labour the point, but I asked a specific question.
If you have Open tabs from the previous session enabled, and you then Close Edge using the menu command, which page(s) open when you re-launch Edge?
If you want to make suggestions to the Edge development team, this forum is not the place to do it. Use the Send feedback option (Alt-Shift-i) to make your views known. All feedback is seen and acted on as appropriate.