Restore Previous open tabs after Windows Update

Anonymous
2021-03-22T18:16:18+00:00

An unscheduled reboot of Windows 10 to install updates has deleted all of my open tabs in Edge Chromium.  I have no way to restore the previous session, and the "reopen closed tabs" option does not work.  I have solved the problem for future tabs by selecting the "Continue where you left off" options in the "On startup" settings, but that does nothing to help me with the tabs I have already lost.  You'd think there'd be an easy solution to this with as easily as Windows 10 reboots without permission, but I have yet to find one.

Any help for this annoying (and counterintuitive) issue?

[Original Title: Edge Chromium]

Microsoft Edge | Tabs, address bar, and search | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-12-20T12:01:53+00:00

    This just happened to me. All my open tabs were lost due to an unscheduled update. Is there now a way to recover them? I'm also not seeing the option in settings "on start up" or "continue where I left off" to set myself up to avoid this in the future.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-08-22T18:04:33+00:00

    Forgot to say: I went here and put "enabled" and now nothing closes! I give up on this browser. I'll go back to Yahoo.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-08-22T18:02:23+00:00

    That didn't work either. Why so convoluted? "ask before closing multiple tabs" is not where you sent me. I'm tired of trying to do this. I'll just be more careful before hitting that "X" when closing only one tab.

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-08-20T20:43:44+00:00

    Firedog,

    Went to that web page and it shows: No other words as you state above.

    Chavelajean

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-08-08T18:00:08+00:00

    @iFiredog...

    The focus of this thread is what DOES NOT open upon relaunch of EDGE after a reboot..., I'm staying focused.

    But to humor you..., and as stated before by others..., rereading the thread, EDGE launches to the home page. For me, I keep that at msn.com.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments