Managing tabs, address bar, and search settings in Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
An unscheduled reboot of Windows 10 to install updates has deleted all of my open tabs in Edge Chromium. I have no way to restore the previous session, and the "reopen closed tabs" option does not work. I have solved the problem for future tabs by selecting the "Continue where you left off" options in the "On startup" settings, but that does nothing to help me with the tabs I have already lost. You'd think there'd be an easy solution to this with as easily as Windows 10 reboots without permission, but I have yet to find one.
Any help for this annoying (and counterintuitive) issue?
[Original Title: Edge Chromium]
Managing tabs, address bar, and search settings in Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Also stated in response to your repeated queries ...
The last one was quite simple, so I don't quite know why you won't answer it.
Which page(s) open when you launch Edge?
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
Does anyone see my post or am I shadowbanned?
Sorry, yes, I did miss your post. That's why it's always best to start a new thread (Create a new question or start a discussion) rather than tacking new questions on to old threads.
It sounds as if you simply need to copy the Edge User Data folder*, then put it back in the new Windows installation replacing the one that will probably have come along with Edge. Do this before launching Edge and going through the FRE, and you should retain all the session data.
*
%localappdata%\Microsoft\Edge\User Data
that "feature" doesn't work as described,
As described where? I've had that setting active in at least one edition of Edge since the beginning, and it's always done just what I expected it to do. Why do you say that it's broken? Which page(s) do you see when you launch the browser?
... the issue is that there's no way to restore previous tabs in one click, after a reboot. OR AFTER ANY CLOSE of a Browser window -- AND it is a critical need to do so for MULTIPLE Edge windows each with their own set of TAB configurations.
This is exactly what the start-up option Open tabs from the previous session is designed to do. Each window may be regarded as a separate session, so to be sure to capture them all, use ⋯ (Settings and more) > Close Microsoft Edge rather than using the window control ✕. I've got used to using the keyboard shortcut Alt-F C to end the session.
Are you saying that this isn't working for you? Note that the option changed its name with v.92 from Continue where you left off.
[Complaining that Edge doesn't behave in the same way as other browsers isn't really helpful. Each browser has its idiosyncrasies, and we just have to learn to live with them.]