How do I change the language in "New Tab" from Chinese to English?

Anonymous
2020-02-25T14:46:51+00:00

Whenever I opened a new tab, this is what I see. When I enter go into the MSN website, it showed eng-sg at the URL. 

I do not know how to change the display language of the new tab to English. Appreciate any help. Thanks much. 

Microsoft Edge | Tabs, address bar, and search | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-02-18T20:07:27+00:00

    I'm having this issue--my home page is in Spanish. I've looked everywhere and everything is set to English, my location is correct, keyboard is correct.

    I can't find the "advanced" tab you spoke of. Can you give me a little more info on where that might be? Or what else to try?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-26T13:53:42+00:00

    Hi Matthias

    Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

    Go to Time and Language - Region

    Is your region/location set correctly on that page?

    Close the Settings App

    If that was not the problem, you can manually set that page in the Edge browser:

    Click the 3 dots at the top right of edge, choose Settings

    Click 'On Startup' on the left side

    Set your initial page in Edge, to say, www.msn.com/en-us

    I live in Thailand region so set correct region as the same as my language (English) and my OS (English), is STUPID AND DOES NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM NINCOMPOOP!

    I am for example in Thailand, but am an Englishman. And here is the thing you seem unable to imagine; I WANT MY NEWS IN MEXINCAN AND MY NEW TAB MENU CUSTOMIZATION, HEADERS AND SETTINGS IN ENGLISH - BECAUSE NOT EVERYBODY LOCATED IN THAILAND IS THAI!!!!! WGHAT A DUMB ASSUMPTION MICROSOFT MAKES.. LINEAR THINKING!

    Using location to assume that the viewer is Thai and needs Thai Language, instead of looking at what his default keyboard language is, us DUMB! But then that is typical corporate idiocy.

    1. The 'move preferred language' up in 'Languages' also does not change the fact that the new tab menu and customization settings are in Thai. Before last update, i could see English menus but insert a Mexican news feed into the new tab, now it is all Thailand news in Thai. JUST BECAUSE I AM IN THAILAND DOES NOT MEAN I WANT THAI NEWS AND THAI LANGUAGE MENUS IN CUSTOMIZATION SETTINGS! How many American and English Freelancers in Asia??? is Microsoft truly that dumb that they use location to give no choice to the end user, and change the menu language and newsfeed to a language they do not understand.. this is 2022 and people of all nations live in all nations.. this is the dumbest Edge ever, and there are many other 'newfangled fancy rubbish features' which in fact are more of an obstacle than increased ease of use functions without all the extra unneeded rubbish, and does not update with new features that overlook obvious things like 'the person opening Edge browser on a US Keyboard Laptop with English Language OS, located in Thailand, needs ENGLISH! not THAI! What a Dumb assumption and default 'unchangeable setting', to stress up the end user

    Edge is indeed a pile of rubbish compared to Brave, which seems the only browser along with MIN Browser, to be able to function and render without bugs and stressful overlooked issues made by multi trillionaire corporations who can't even update the OS UI properly (which is why control panel and task manager and notepad etc, all still have the windows 95 expe4rience visually, and functionally - it is essentially some new User Interfaces built on top of, and concealing an age-ld UI made in 1995.)

    I want new tab with english UI, but Mexico News regional feed, and i Live in Thailand.. so Microsoft's assumptions to 'change to your proper region' to solve this issue, as said, is insane, ridiculous, and shows how the person suggesting that, is someone born in, never left, and will probably die in his own village and country, and is unaware that other countries have foreigners in them, so anyone in China must be Chinese! Haha how dumb indeed! Typical Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-12-22T15:11:14+00:00

    My problem is solved. Just cleared all the browsing data including saved history, cookies etc. Now the New tab opens in English.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-12-10T04:05:04+00:00

    I'm **** tired to see on my PC the **** chinese! I reported this problem many times and not effect. Just because I'm in Hong Kong I've to see this page in chinese without the way to change it? Are you **** dumb in Microsoft? Even if I set the first page to open another one it doesn't matter the next tab will be always this **** chinese page. Now even worst, every time I reopen Edge it doesn't open the page I set because it says last time when closed has been an error and asks if I want to reopen the old pages but in the meantime still showing me the **** chinese. I'm really pissed off that's why I became so rude because you don't **** care.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-12-07T13:41:21+00:00

    That's an idotic tip. I am in Thailand and still I don't want to see the content in Thai. So what does it help your **** browser to adapt to the language I mentioned as preferred when I allow you access to my location?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments