How do I change the language in "New Tab" from Chinese to English?

Anonymous
2020-02-25T14:46:51+00:00

Whenever I opened a new tab, this is what I see. When I enter go into the MSN website, it showed eng-sg at the URL. 

I do not know how to change the display language of the new tab to English. Appreciate any help. Thanks much. 

Microsoft Edge | Tabs, address bar, and search | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-08-14T03:56:11+00:00

    No it does not work. The setting might say it is now in English but the page is still in Chinese.

    Why doesn't MS admit this is their problem and fix it? Firefox, Chrome, Google and Brave all work fine but Edge does not. Fortunately all the others are better than Edge anyway.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-07-27T07:08:55+00:00

    ShanghaiSquires,

    I absolutely agree with you. This has been an issue for years now and MS have done nothing of use.

    I have pointed out many times that all the other browsers I use do not have this problem, and for my use are better than Edge anyway.

    Wouldn't it be nice if MS could actually admit they are in the wrong here? Many of their "helpful suggestions" imply that I am the problem, shockingly bad customer service.

    I have tried every suggestion on these pages and no luck , i had about 5 monyhs where it was ok but about 2 months ago it reverted to chinese . it happend after an update and no going back.

    its almost certyainly a setting in windows thats telling bthe system to do this , as i decided to bin Edge for Chrome , and it does same , i have edge on my mac , Ipad , android phone and all work ok , just windows , so Microsoft , either admit you did it and cant change or get some bloody engineeers who can solve it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-07-22T21:54:34+00:00

    I had similar problem for a while and solved by doing below.

    1. click the three dots on the top right corner of the edge browser. ' ... '
    2. click 'settings'
    3. click 'reset settings' on the left
    4. click the arrow ' > ' on the page to reset the settings.

    At least my edge was reset and the problem was solved.

    How is yours?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-07-22T12:24:40+00:00

    ShanghaiSquires,

    I absolutely agree with you. This has been an issue for years now and MS have done nothing of use.

    I have pointed out many times that all the other browsers I use do not have this problem, and for my use are better than Edge anyway.

    Wouldn't it be nice if MS could actually admit they are in the wrong here? Many of their "helpful suggestions" imply that I am the problem, shockingly bad customer service.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-06-23T08:09:27+00:00

    Hi Matthias,

    I had similar issue but with page being displayed in Greek.

    So what I spot there was a little popup message on the bottom of the page with .

    I have connect this with the fact of getting a news feed with last Microsoft update pack.

    The unwonted news feed which you cannot switch off (customized). I have no idea how they assumed that I mast have News Feed. :)

    I change successfully the new page language by change News Feed language.

    You can do so in few steps

    1. Go to the language preferences of your news feed

    or hit the link Microsoft News (msn.com)

    I just spot that if you use Chinese News Feed option page you will not get a language option.

    1. It will let you open News Feed preferences page. Go to the last tab

    1. After changing language to English open new page [Ctrl+T] and refresh page [Ctrl+F5] then everything should go to normal.

    For English

    For Japanese

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments