Managing tabs, address bar, and search settings in Edge on Windows 10
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Whenever I opened a new tab, this is what I see. When I enter go into the MSN website, it showed eng-sg at the URL.
I do not know how to change the display language of the new tab to English. Appreciate any help. Thanks much.
Managing tabs, address bar, and search settings in Edge on Windows 10
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This is pathetic!
I decided to upgrade today to the latest Edge version and I am locked in to msn china every time I open a new tab. Please Microsoft, a solution to this problem is needed. And why was my new tab function changed to begin with? I was never asked home location or language during set-up. Is this just more capitulation to the CCP?
Hi,
Not sure if this has been answered. But if haven't hope this will help
When you're on the new tab, go on to the gear icon and the follow by the "Advanced" (as shown in the image below).
From the "Advanced" tab, you'll then have the option to select the "Language & Content". After selecting your preferred language, the page will the reload to the respective language setting.
Hope this helps.
Thank you very much for the help.
I tried all your recommendations, but I just cannot get to change the language. Whenever a new tab is selected, it defaulted back to Chinese instead of the English though all URLs had been set to www.msn.com/eng-us.
When I looked into the settings in Edge, the default new tab has been set to "top site" and I just cannot change the language settings of the "top site" tab. So I had the "Top Site" set to "A Blank Page", though it did not solve the issue I have.
Again, greatly appreciate your help and advice. =)
There is no option for language in On Startup and no Initial page at all
I have deleted the app and downloaded the latest version
This is really annoying and one of the reasons that Google is a much better product, but I want to comment on MSN so I'm stuck with Edge
Hi Matthias
Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)
Go to Time and Language - Region
Is your region/location set correctly on that page?
Close the Settings App
If that was not the problem, you can manually set that page in the Edge browser:
Click the 3 dots at the top right of edge, choose Settings
Click 'On Startup' on the left side
Set your initial page in Edge, to say, www.msn.com/en-us