How do I change the language in "New Tab" from Chinese to English?

Anonymous
2020-02-25T14:46:51+00:00

Whenever I opened a new tab, this is what I see. When I enter go into the MSN website, it showed eng-sg at the URL. 

I do not know how to change the display language of the new tab to English. Appreciate any help. Thanks much. 

Microsoft Edge | Tabs, address bar, and search | Windows 10

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-08-13T10:53:37+00:00

    Hello,

    pls follow the steps as mentioned below,go to settings and got to last option there you can choose language

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-06-16T08:29:58+00:00

    Thanks for your suggestions but i have been through all of the options.

    I was using a vpn - and clean cache - when i did the edge upgrade and tried some options on three different computers running W10, to no avail.

    The ccp have grabbed microsoft by the short and curlys and they have decided to squeal and run like the piggies they are.

    That's okay MS. I was about to lay out a big chunk of cash with MS for latest v of Server. Won't happen now.

    You lay down with pirates you wake up with empty pockets.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-12-22T09:21:06+00:00

    Strange that MS can't do anything but Chrome and Firefox can.

    I'll wait for the next unwanted, forced on me without the courtesy of asking, W10 update including Edge and try to remember to clear the cache.

    The main reason I was using Edge was to easily access MS News comments, but that is now forbidden so I really have no use for what is a second rate browser.  The language issue is a big one for me as I want to search online in English without having to deal with translations.  Both Chrome and Firefox are fine with this, but not Edge even when it works.

    Thanks for explaining in more detail than previous responders, enjoy the fesitve season;-) 

    Cheers,

    Bob Fisher

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-12-22T08:55:59+00:00

    The new tab page is presented with a different version in Mainland China. The only way to get around it is to use a service that circumvents the Great Firewall, like VPN. If you have a VPN enabled and then clear the browser cache, the new tab will be the international version.

    I know this is frustrating, but there is nothing Microsoft can do. It's either this or no service at all in China. Similarly, Bing in China is also modified and censored a bit to comply with Chinese laws and regulations.

    I have the same problem, although I'm sitting in the US for the past 11 months. Why would a VPN make any difference if I'm in the US?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-02-26T07:05:49+00:00

    Hello Matthias, my name is Marco and I am an Independent Advisor. I will do my best to help you.

    Is it only when you open a new tab? or does this also happen if you enter the address manually?

    You said the display language is ok, but did you look into the keyboard layout? Sometimes if you have 2 languages ​​for the keyboard it can interfere in certain applications. See the picture below.

    If not did you try to reset the default settings? In Edge options...

    You can also uninstall and reinstall the application in the windows settings.

    You must go to Settings, click on 'apps'

    Scrolldown to Microsoft Edge

    and click Uninstall.

    Note: You will lose your data in Edge if you have not saved anything.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments