Compare the pictures they are not the same. The top is the new format. Different menu too. No vertical layout. 😎
Edge Side Bar
Split from this thread.
Interesting observation: In Dev IB, the Edge Bar has an Auto Hide (collapse). In Win11, the Edge Bar does not have said feature. Big (1st) snip is Dev IB; small (2nd) one is Win11. Same versions of Edge, btw.
Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Personalization and accessibility
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2022-08-20T04:39:14+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-08-20T04:31:05+00:00 I don't need to look, again.
One only has that IF they select Search Only Layout.
IF, instead, one selects Vertical Layout they have this 👇, which in Edge Dev & or Canary can be collapsed.
I don't need to catch up eventually. I am, already, caught up 😊
What you are calling "the old Edge Bar" is NOT GONE from Edge GA. Edge Dev & Canary don't have it, at all, not even the Search Only Layout.
-
Anonymous
2022-08-20T04:28:40+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-08-20T04:15:00+00:00 That IS the same as what I have with Edge GA that I thought you were calling "old".
Dev & Canary have the Sidebar, instead, it seems, as they don't have the (Launch) Edge Bar, anywhere.
Good joke, also. As was stated, everything I have is the latest, Edge & Builds.
Thought I had made this all quite clear. I trust it is, now.
Cheers,
DrewLook at the picture again, that is not the original Edge bar on the right side of the desktop. 🤣🤣
Now it opens up this search slot you see on the shot below in the middle of the desktop and the 3 dots open the menu showing on the side.
The old Edge bar is gone.
You will catch up eventually. 😎
Old Edge bar:
-
Anonymous
2022-08-20T03:33:02+00:00 Edge GA updated today, August 19th. It, now, DOES HAVE the Sidebar! What is interesting, unlike Edge Dev & Canary, GA STILL has the Edge Bar. So, currently, Edge GA has both, while Edge Dev & Canary have just the Sidebar.
NB: I had suggested it would come to GA when it went to 105. Obviously, it came sooner than that.